A well-fitting bucket hut is a must-have for many adults when going out for safari, camping, fishing, and for the beach. How much more critical is a sun hat for babies with their softer, more tender skin? Besides, what a joy it is to take your baby outdoors while she has a cute baby sun hat on her little head? Furthermore, baby sun hats are a crucial part of baby attire for parents who love fashion. You don’t know the pure cuteness of a baby until you meet them with a sun hat.
Useful Tips for Choosing the Best Baby Sun Hat
Baby sun hats are different in a variety of ways. If you want to buy the best hat for your infant, toddler, or older kid, take your time to understand what s/he needs.
Consider the following four things before you head out shopping for a baby sun hat:
- Protection: The main reason for wearing a sun hat is to protect the skin from sunlight. It’s inherent to check that the hat you intend to buy offers adequate protection. The brim should be wide enough to shade the face and neck. It’s even better if the hat can cover the shoulders.
- Brim Size and Sturdiness: The brim should not be overly broad or floppy as it can block the baby’s view.
- The material used: The best material for baby sun hats has a high UPF rating. It should also be lightweight, soft, and quick to dry. Being lightweight and breathable implies that the hat is comfortable to wear. The baby’s head doesn’t get sweaty under the sun’s heat.
- Fit: Baby sun hats come in many sizes. Be keen to choose a hat that will fit your kid perfectly. It’s advisable to measure your child’s head circumference before you go out shopping. This measurement will help you to match the baby’s exact size with the inner diameter size of the hat. However, don’t forget to leave some allowance since babies’ heads grow pretty fast. Choose a slightly bigger hat with an adjustable head strap. The head strap will help to custom fit the hat on your baby’s head.
- Chinstrap/Adjustable Toggle: A kind of chin strap will help to secure the hat in place even in windy situations. Alternatively, some hats have an adjustable toggle and elastic band. These features help to fit the hat securely and comfortably on the head.
We’ve spent time to research the best-performing baby sun hats on the market. We came up with a list of top 10 baby summer hats and a brief review for each hat.
Best Baby Sun Hats in 2019
10. Durio Baby Sun Hat
By: DurioGet it now on Amazon.com
Durio has made a unisex, high-quality, cotton toddler summer hat with a wide brim, a chin strap and adjustable toggle at the back. The hat is 50+ UPF, an assurance that it protects your baby’s head, face, eyes, face and neck from strong sunlight. The soft and cozy kid bucket hat is available in four sizes: 48cm, 50cm, 52cm, and 54cm. They are made to fit babies within the age range of 6 months and 8 years.
- Cute baby hat to wear to the beach or by the poolside
- Stays on even in windy areas thanks to the adjustable chin strap
- You will not have to apply sunscreen on your months-old little one
- The hat is soft and lightweight
- Brim holds up even when the hat is wet
- The hat is too thin to offer complete UPF protection
- Too small for indicated sizes; you better measure your baby’s head to order the right size
9. Exemaba Baby Summer Play Hat
By: ExemabaGet it now on Amazon.com
This Exemaba baby sun hat features 50+ UPF, sun-protective, breathable polyester and has a lightweight design. It fits true to the sizes the designer has suggested (18.9″, 19.7″, 20.5”, and 21.3″). The head strap is easily adjustable while the chin strap is both adjustable and removable so that the hat can create the best fit possible. Besides, the brim is 2.5 inches wide. The wide brim ensures that your baby will stay cool while playing in the backyard, at the beach, or when you go out to other fun activities.
- Elastic cord and chin strap hold the hat on well without compromise comfort
- Brim does not get floppy to block your baby’s vision
- Color remains as new even after use in chlorinated water pools
- Cute print
- The hat is easily adjustable to fit well in months-old toddlers
- Your baby will get many compliments for how adorable he looks with the hat on
- Not machine washable
- Hat shrinks if machine washed
- The clip can break when the baby yanks the hat off
See Also: Top 10 Best Kids Bike Helmets in 2019
8. ThunderCloud Kid’s 50+ UPF UV Protective Wide Brim Bucket Baby Sun Hat
By: ThunderCloudGet it now on Amazon.com
With a ThunderCloud wide brim, bucket baby sun hat, your little one will have fun all day long without getting uncomfortable under the sun. A lightweight, ultra-soft, and breathable fabric makes the interior. The exterior features a UPF 50+ protective material that shields the child’s face from harsh UV sun rays. Also, both the chin strap and the head size are adjustable for optimum comfort. ThunderCloud has made these hats in different colors and patterned designs. The hats are sized for ages 0-12 months, 12-24 months, and 2-4 years.
- Great baby hat for all-day use, traveling, hiking, beach, and so on
- Easily folds into a small size
- Ultra-soft and comfortable
- 100% polyester
- Wide brim protects baby’s eyes from the sun
- Lacks a safety snap feature to keep the tie snug enough
- The brim is broader than pictured and may flop in baby’s face to obstruct vision
7. Ami&Li tots Unisex Child Adjustable Wide Brim Sun Protection Hat
By: Ami&Li totsGet it now on Amazon.com
Perhaps the most notable attribute of this cute baby sun hat is its unique make. Ami&Li claim to use hand-picked cotton and specialized weave craftsmanship to make the hat UPF without using any chemicals. The result is a skin-friendly, premium-quality, adorable sun hat for your little one. Also, the hat is super lightweight and ultra-thin. A well-fitting chin strap, together with a safety buckle, secures the hat on the baby’s head. Thus, the hat stays on in windy conditions, and even a very active baby cannot pull it off easily.
The price of this hat might be a little higher than other competing baby sun hats, but its value is well worth the price.
- Wider brim offers better sun protection to the neck back
- Neck size and head size adjustments help to make the hat fit every child perfectly
- Brim still stands out after long time use
- Skin-friendly material and weaving
- UPF 50+ performance doesn’t get affected by washing as there are no chemicals used
- Potential mis-sizing issues
- Color prone to fading
- Brim too big and obstructs vision for a baby with a small head
6. JAN & JUL 50+UPF Kid’s Cotton Sun-Hat
By: JAN & JULGet it now on Amazon.com
Do your baby’s hats become too small too quickly?
Maybe you haven’t known about the GRO-WITH-ME design of baby sun hats like the JAN & JUL 50+UPF kid’s hat. This hat’s design features a fully adjustable head drawstring that allows you to size up the hat as the baby’s head grows. Besides, a stay-on-safe adjustable chin strap makes sure that the hat stays put.
For your baby’s safety, the chin strap connects to a breakaway safety clip. Therefore, the chin strap cannot choke your baby in case something pulls the hat from above. Breathable cotton material ensures that the hat feels comfortable regardless of the sun’s heat. Different sizes are available for newborns to 12-year olds. Also, the hats come in varying coloring patterns, including butterfly, pink sweethearts, pink purple, and ladybug.
- Lightweight and easily foldable
- GRO-WITH-ME smart design
- Perfect for rain or shine adventures
- Quick-dry and easy care
- Long neck flaps and wide brims
- Classic and fun prints
- Higher price compared to most baby sun hats
- Breakaway safety clip may break if the hat is pulled vigorously
See Also: Top 10 Best Baby Helmets in 2019
5. Siero Baby Sun Hat
By: SieroGet it now on Amazon.com
There is no better gift for your cute loved one than this incredible Siero baby summer hat. It is one of the classiest and most fashionable baby sun hats you’ll find. You will be amazed at how cuter your baby looks when she rocks this hat. And for sure, she’s going to turn many heads. Besides having a classy design, the hat’s interior features a super-comfy, extra-soft lining. The interior and exterior feature breathable material that keeps the baby cool at all times. The hat is rated UPF 50+, meaning it blocks out up to 98 percent of UVB and UVA rays.
- Drawstring offers a customized fit
- Safer for an active kid
- Breathable UPF 50+ soft polyester fabric
- Perfect for the beach, fishing, hiking, and everyday use
- Folds easily without losing shape
- Classy design that goes well with other fashionable attire
- Too small for kid’s with head diameter size above 21 inches
- The hat is not unisex; girls look better in it
- Not machine washable
4. SimpliKids UPF 50+ UV Ray Sun Protection Wide Brim Baby Sun Hat
By: SimpliKidsGet it now on Amazon.com
This SimpliKids wide brim sun hat is perfect for your baby’s delicate skin. It’s made with 100% polyester that’s lightweight and rated UPF 50+. The hat is breathable to keep the baby’s head fresh under the sun’s heat. It is available in three inner circumference sizes. The 19.3” size is perfect for newborns to 12-month old babies, the 20” size is for the 12-24 months age range, and the 21″ is for 2 to 4-year-olds.
- Adorable design
- It’s comfortable; no itchy or rough edges
- Wide brim keeps baby protected from direct sun
- Washes and dries quickly
- Good-quality material and sewing
- Brim keeps falling over the baby’s eyes
- Not suitable for use in windy areas
3. SNW Kid Baby Summer Hat
By: Baby cap-Shopping New WorldGet it now on Amazon.com
This cute hat is made with soft cotton to offer UV-protective cover over your little one’s head, face, neck, and shoulders. You can be sure to find the perfect fit for your baby as the hat is available for babies from the age of 3 months to the age of 10 years. The hat’s inner lining is cuddly-soft while the exterior has a pretty pattern. Get your baby in style with this classic-design baby sun hat as you go out to the beach, camping, fishing or traveling.
- Brim holds up well to shade baby’s head to the back of the neck all the time
- Durable, adjustable Velcro chin strap
- Great for gardening as it cleans easily and quickly
- Light enough to ensure the baby stays cool
- Folds well to fit in a small pocket or purse
- Great price
- Many customers complain that the hat arrived folded up and creased
- Not good for swimming
2. SwimZip Unisex Child Wide Brim Sun Protection Hat
By: SwimZipGet it now on Amazon.com
If you are looking for a high-quality sun hat for your baby girl or little man, SwimZip is here with its best-selling offer. This hat features the highest-rated SPF 50+ polyester material. To ensure the best fit, SwimZip has included a head strap and chin strap, both of which are adjustable. Besides, it has a breakaway safety feature to prevent choking.
Feel free to take your baby for swimming with this hat. It floats so you can catch it easily in the water. Furthermore, the fabric dries quickly, and its color doesn’t fade.
- Has mesh venting to protect eyes from beach sand
- Made with waterproof material
- Adjustable strap for quick resizing
- Breakaway chin strap helps to prevent chocking
- Quick wash and dry
- The adjustable elastic band is prone to easy breaking
- If your baby doesn’t like wearing hats, the clasp might not last long before pulling apart
See Also: Top 10 Best Piggy Banks in 2019
1. i play. Brim Sun Protection Hat
By: i play.Get it now on Amazon.com
This 100% polyester, machine washable, UPF 50+, breathable sun protection hat wins the number one position in many best baby sun hats reviews. Once you tie this adorable thing under your baby’s chin, it will offer all-day sun protection for the baby’s head, eyes, and neck. A wicking liner is adequately breathable for comfort. In addition, the polyester material will dry quickly in case the hat gets wet. It comes with a variety of classic colors to suit your grooming styles. One more thing to love about this hat is how it folds easily for on-the-go activities.
- Bright, beautiful colors
- The drawstring allows for a custom fit
- Simple knot mechanism
- Perfect for babies with small heads
- Lightweight and breathable for all-day comfort
- Water-resistant material – great for the pool or beach
- Cinch mechanism makes it easy for the child to loosen the hat
- The brim is not strong enough when the hat gets wet.
The best way for your baby to have fun and stay safe from harmful UV rays is by wearing a wide brim sun hat. All the above hats qualify to be the best hat for your child. They are all lightweight, breathable, and sun-protective. Choose the one that fits your baby’s head size as well as your color, style, and fashion preferences. Let your little loved one enjoy the outdoors and stay sun safe.