As the computing world evolves, everything is getting smaller and better. One of the latest development and is getting popular are the PCIe SSDs. Basically, the solid-state drives are extra fast and compact than tradition HDD. This is because they don’t have a magnetic disc, which ensures they are faster, smaller noiseless. This new breed of SSD expansion slots are extra fast slots that enable secure peripheral attachment.
The Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) slots are usually faster compared to SATA SSD. Therefore, they eliminate the bottlenecks associated to other peripheral attachments. Bearing in mind, this technology utilizes non-volatile memory express; they accelerate the performance. Moreover, PCIe are available in different classes hence need to have the latest. To give your computer a boost, these are the best Pie SSDs in 2021 reviews.
The Best PCIe SSD Buying Guide:
- Capacity: the capacity of your drive is important for storage needs. Depending on your storage need and computer support capacity, there are different sized drives. Usually, with most current computers, they can support larger capacity drives. Usually, there are 128GB, 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, and 4 TB lasses of drives. Besides choosing a drive capacity, ensure your computer model can support your drive.
- Power consumption: the power consumption differs from one drive to another. However, comparing SSD with HDD, there is a great variation in power consumption. With continued improvement, the drives have optimized power consumption. Therefore, the technology used should ensure your drive is efficient in power utilization.
- Speed: the speed is vital for drive performance. Usually, with PCIe drives, they have a more improved speed than SATA. Also, they have increased bandwidth, which allows high transfer speed. In fact, some of the lasts drives have a sped of up to 6GB/s rate of transfer. As a result, even when used in high-performance computers or servers, they can deliver high endurance and speed.
- Cloning ability: the ability to clone your data is vital, especially if you have 2 drives. This feature is essential especially when you have data to copy from your old drive. Some of the drives come with software that enables easy cloning. However, for drives without cloning software, it should allow the installation of third-party software.
- Heat management: heating is one of the biggest problems when it comes to computing. Therefore, a drive needs to have an integrated heat management system. Mostly, to ensure there is no overheating, ensure there is a heat sink. Apart from the heat sink, the software is essential to enable proper heat management for optimal performance.
Best PCIe SSD in 2021
- 10. XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 3D Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
- 9. Intel 1 TB Solid State Drive (SSD) 660P Series
- 8. Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB with V-NAND Technology
- 7. Sabrent 2TB Rocket Internal High-Performance Solid State Drive
- 6. Silicon Power 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 TLCR
- 5. Crucial P13D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 500GB
- 4. Samsung 970 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD
- 3. Crucial MX500 3D NAND SATA M.2 SSD, 500GB
- 2. WD Black NVMe PCIe Internal SSD
- 1. Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB – M.2 NVMe SSD
10. XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 3D Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD
When you want to improve your computer performance, there are no short cuts. This XPG PCIe is one of the reliable and fast ways to connect your peripherals. Boasting Gen3x4 interface, it has improved performance. Additionally, the ability to supporting NVMe 1.3, this device promotes blazing speed. In fact, it can support 3500/3000MB write/read speeds for lighting speed data transfer. Therefore, even when used by people requiring high-speed data transfers.
The GAMMIX S11 is designed with a heat sink, which is great for improving performance. The encasement is efficient for reducing the overall temperature by 10 degrees C. Apart from speed, this device is enhanced with high data protection. In fact, the 3D NAND flash beside SLC Caching ensures there is data safety while maintaining excellent speed. Basically, the PCIe is applicable for high-end demand applications like gaming and rendering overclocking without any compromise.
- Efficient heat sink
- End-to-end data protection
- Super-fast speed
- Inconsistent speed
9. Intel 1 TB Solid State Drive (SSD) 660P Series
The Intel 660P series SSD is reliable and fast than substandard ones. Made by Intel, it has improved technology that supports extra high speed. QLC Technology is responsible for high capacity data handling. Additionally, the SSD packs more data, which is great for doubling the handling capacity. Due to the thin M.2 80mm factor, it is simple to use this PCIe with laptops, notebooks, and mobile devices. Thus, it is an excellent option for tasks requiring high computing power.
There is high versatility with this PCIe 660P series is fantastic. It has compatibility with computers as well as servers. Boasting digital storage capacity of 1TB, it has a remarkable performance boost. Moreover, the 1800 MB/s random write and 8GB random read, there is excellent speed. Due to high data protection, using this SSD ensures no security compromise. Above all, rapid start technology is impressive in enabling quick computers to wake up from hibernation.
- Quick computer response
- Thin for all computers use
- Powerful speed
- Not compatible with old machines
8. Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB with V-NAND Technology
Having a high performing computer depends on different aspects. However, the type of drive is just one of the factors. This Samsung 970 Evo Plus is compact and reliable. Featuring 500GB capacity, it ensures there is superb space for keeping your stuff. The innovative V-NAND technology is the reason this SSD performs excellently. In fact, this PCIe SSD utilizes the NVMe interface that offers enhanced bandwidths. Apart from the speed boost, the drive has low latency and high power efficiency.
The improved technology and performance enable this device to be ideal for gaming as well as 4K and 3D content designers. The breakthrough 3500MB/s random write, and 3300MB random read provides exceptional speed. Additionally, SSD has up to 600000IOPS random speed. With Samsung magician software, it supports file cloning and file transfers. Above all, the superior heat dissipation ensures there is consistency in speed and overall speed.
- Excellent heat dissipation
- High power efficiency
- Automatic firmware updating
- Bothering software
7. Sabrent 2TB Rocket Internal High-Performance Solid State Drive
The Sabrent Rocket SSD is a high-performance drive to think of. With a large storage capacity of 2TB, it is better than others with less storage capacities. Adding this device offers all the advantages associated with flash technology hence instant response. The connectivity is fantastic since it is PCIe 3.1, as well as NVMe 1.3 Compliant. Additionally, the drive is high power-efficient, thus superb for lowering the electricity need for computers.
Having this drive in your computer brings a lot of reliability. It comes with a free Acronis True Image for easy and quick cloning. Also, the latest Sabrent utility is exceptional since it allows people to reformat the drive and choose the size of their liking. With the ability to support SMART and TRIM commands, the drive works with ONFi 2.3, 3.0, 3.2, and 4.0 interface. To maintain the high performance, the Sabrent SSD 2TB offers speeds up to 3400MB/s read and 2750MB/s write speed.
- Easy cloning software
- Low power consumption
- Advanced interface compatibility
- Older drives don’t have auto-update
6. Silicon Power 1TB NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 TLCR
The Silicon Power PCIe Gen3x4 is a drive that is dedicated to speed up your computer. Unlike the traditional drives or SATA SSD, this uses the latest technology. Therefore, once you fix it in your machine, it offers an exceptional boost. The NVMe 1.3 supports the RAID engine for enhanced data safety and integrity. When it comes to speed, this drive is designed to support up to 3400MB/s read, and 3000 MB/s write speed.
Unlike the large drives, this one boasts a slim form factor that is good for use in portable or desktop computers. Adding this drive into any computer adds performance and efficiency without raising the power demand. In fact, unlike the large drives, this has low power consumption. Due to extreme speed, the drive is ideal for heavy-duty applications like gaming, HD videos, and 4K content creation. For easy mounting, this drive fits in machines with M.2 connectors.
- Improved data integrity
- Multi-OS compatibility
- Reduced power demands
- Supports only one type of connector
5. Crucial P13D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 500GB
As you plan to upgrade your computer storage, getting the right drives. The Crucial P13D is amazing and capable of increasing your computer performance. In fact, it boasts 500GB, which is great for giving a computer boost. Moreover, the blazing transfer rates render the drive one of the reliable ones. It boasts 2000MB/s read speed and 1700MB/s write speed. Therefore, once you have massive data, this drive keeps the computer running at full speed. Supporting next-generation PCIe storage innovation, there’s no throttling of data transfer even when used on heavy-duty tasks.
The compatibility with most systems featuring PCIe interface brings great performance than others. Additionally, it supports 2280 form factor devices. Unlike other drives, there is no complication process when installing this one. It has instructions that ensure everyone can enjoy using it. There is no worry about complicated data transfer. It comes with Acronis True Image, which enables cloning.
- Easy to clone your data
- Guided installation
- Accelerated transfer rates
- Unsuitable for servers’ workload
4. Samsung 970 PRO NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD
Accelerating your computer requires different approaches. But, this Samsung 970 Pro PCIe 512 GB SSD is fantastic. The drive is compatible with computers running fitted with the M.2 2280 interface. Additionally, the interface allows for superior speeds compared to older ones. Thus, even when using this drive for gaming or HD content, there are no drops in the speed. In fact, it has great speed consistency, which ensures you can always enjoy seamless computer performance.
Apart from the speed, this drive has increased data protection. Thus, users can be assured of the data safety due to the end to end encryption. When you have data to transfer, this drive comes with Samsung Magician software. It allows users to enjoy quick write speed of 3500MB/s read and 2700MB/s write speed. Therefore, even when you have a large workload, there is no waiting for long to get the task done.
- Automatic firmware update
- Easy software aided cloning
- Superior cooling mechanism
- Migration software can be unreliable
3. Crucial MX500 3D NAND SATA M.2 SSD, 500GB
Crucial MX500 is tasked with ensuring your computer gets perfect uplift. Made by experts, the drive offers 500GB of storage space. Boasting different compatibility interface, it is a versatile drive to have. In fact, it works well with computers with SATA M.2 interfaces. Featuring sequential read/write speed of 560/510MB/s, respectively, it has more speed than traditional drives. Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology, it has high consistency and reliability.
The integrated power loss immunity is impressive in ensuring your drive is safe. Also, it allows for protection against data loss in case of power disruption. Based on high encryption technology, this drive ensure to exposed data to crooks and hackers. Due to optimized performance, this drive offers exceptional reliability and performance.
- Power loss data protection
- Quiet performance
- Fast cooling mechanisms
- Don’t support PCIe M.2
2. WD Black NVMe PCIe Internal SSD
For a high performing computer, there needs to have the latest technology drives. The WD Black internal SSD is compact and ideal for most mobile and desktop computers. It’s built to bring greatness and breathtaking speed. Unlike the large drives, this is lightweight and brings high-transferring speed. Actually, with this drive, it delivers read speed of up to 3400MB/s, which is exceptional for quick data transfer.
The construction of this drive features Western Digital architecture that is superb for ensuring there is reliability. In fact, it has low latency, high power efficiency, and wide capability. The lower power consumption ensures this drive doesn’t cause the machine to overwork or overheat. For people with high-performing systems, this drive is excellently suited for all your needs.
- Certified for high performing systems
- Extra-low power usage
- Improves computer speed
- Doesn’t support SATA interfaces
1. Samsung 970 EVO SSD 1TB – M.2 NVMe SSD
If you need to enjoy upgraded speeds and performance, an SSD. This Samsung 970 Evo is a superior drive that works with high-performance computers and servers. Designed with V-NAND technology, this drive is highly reliable and consistent. Moreover, the enhanced bandwidth is excellent for enabling high speed. In fact, it has 3500MBs/2500MB/s read and with respectively. This means for users with massive data to transfer, and the drive doesn’t have a throttling effect.
Apart from the high speed, this drive has low power needs. The optimized performance ensures there are no variations. Moreover, the dynamic thermal guard monitors and maintain safe temperatures. With efficient heat dissipation, the drive maintains consistent high speed without depreciation. Like other PCIe SSDs, from Samsung, this comes with magician software that ensures it delivers secure data transfer from your older drive.
- Automatic heat monitoring
- Extreme high-speed bandwidth
- Supports high-definition content
- Only clones drive from Samsung
PCIe SSDs are the revolutionary drives that ensure every computer has more power and speed. Enhanced with breathtaking speed, these drives are much faster compared to traditional ones. Therefore once you need to upgrade computers or servers, these SSDs are perfect accessories.