Your head is one of your most treasured possessions. It is a wise move to take every precaution to make sure it does not get hurt. Using one of the top 10 best bike helmets in 2019 is the way to demonstrate your wisdom.
These helmets will provide you with safety features, air flow and even good looks. When you use the best bike helmets around, you will be wiser than you look.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Bike Helmet
- Construction: An ABS outer shell is the type of material you want on your bike helmet. It is tough, durable and handles bumps and shocks with ease.
- Interior Comfort: Very little beats EBS foam as a comfort layer. Not only does it keep your head nice and comfortable, it will absorb more shocks and bumps when you fall.
- Airflow: The more air vents the better. You do not need your head overheating when you ride. A cool head handles issues a lot better than one that is overworked by the heat.
- Security: An adjustable chin strap is the way to make sure you have a secure fit. One with a quick release system may be the best thing if you need to get out of your helmet fast.
- Fit: Some of these helmets come with an adjustable fit dial. That helps make sure you get the most comfort and protection from the bike helmet
Best Bike Helmets in 2019
Table of Contents
- 10. Giro Synthe MIPS Road Cycling Helmet
- 9. Base Camp NEO Mountain Bike Helmet
- 8. Thousand Adult Anti-Theft Guarantee Bike Helmet
- 7. Critical Cycles Silas Bike Helmet
- 6. Giro Hex Mountain Bike Helmet
- 5. Flybar Dual Certified Multi Sport Bike Helmet
- 4. KINGBIKE Ultralight Specialized Bike Helmets
- 3. TeamObsidian Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet
- 2. Razor Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
- 1. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
10. Giro Synthe MIPS Road Cycling Helmet
By: GiroGet it now on Amazon.com
Your head shouldn’t overheat when you wear this protective bike helmet. The airflow is even and thorough with the many air vents included on this helmet. Then the polycarbonate outer shell takes the sting out of accidental bumps when you fall.
Also, your head should not be uncomfortable. The EPS interior foam works hard to cushion any blows made against your head. After you put the helmet on, you won’t be slowed down as you ride. The helmet is nice and light. Once you get the helmet on you will also find the sunglass docking feature to be convenient and easy to use.
- Sunglass holder
- EPS foam interior
- Lightweight and durable
- Lots of air vents
9. Base Camp NEO Mountain Bike Helmet
By: Base CampGet it now on Amazon.com
Mountain biking brings different obstacles to your path. That is why you need a special mountain biking helmet. This bike helmet will protect your head as you speed over the mountain trails. The hard plastic outer shell keeps you from getting hurt.
Also, the 18 built-in air vents work to keep your head nice and cool. With that many your head should not overheat as you ride. Plus, the unique design has you looking cool as you go over hills and jumps.
After you put the helmet on, the adjustable strap makes sure it stays securely on your head.
- 18 air vents
- Stylish look
- Hard plastic shell
- Adjustable chin strap
8. Thousand Adult Anti-Theft Guarantee Bike Helmet
By: ThousandGet it now on Amazon.com
You could be mistaken for a show jump horse rider with this old-fashion looking helmet. The rounded design protects all of your head without cutting off your hearing. Then the adjustable chin strap works to keep the helmet secure as you ride.
In addition to that, a security lock lets you keep your helmet with your bike without worry. If the helmet doesn’t fit, replace the interior padding. This helmet comes with two to make sure the helmet is perfect for you. Plus, the lightweight helmet has at least 5 air vents. These air vents keep your head from losing its cool.
- Rounded full head coverage
- Good air flow
- Secret locking system
- 2 styles of interior padding
7. Critical Cycles Silas Bike Helmet
By: Critical CyclesGet it now on Amazon.com
Full head protection doesn’t depend on a solid helmet only. You can have many air vents and slots and still get that great protection you want. This helmet provides more airflow while still providing great protection.
After you put this helmet on, the LED safety light keeps you visible even in low light conditions. Also, the helmet weighs only about 250 grams. The lightweight makes sure you do not lose any speed as you ride. While it is a one size fits all type of helmet, its range does not over 2XL sized heads.
- 24 air vents for good air flow
- Aerodynamic design
- Safety light for visibility
- Lightweight and durable
6. Giro Hex Mountain Bike Helmet
By: GiroGet it now on Amazon.com
This bright green aerodynamically designed mountain bike helmet will keep you visible. Who could miss that bright color? Plus, this lightweight helmet contains up to 21 air vents. You can ride all day and stay very cool.
Then the molded plastic outer shell makes sure your head does not suffer from any accidental bumps. Its strength and durability should keep your head safe for years. Comfort is not a problem. You get a solid and cushy interior padding to absorb shocks. A Micro-Dial lets you customize your vent openings and overall fit. An adjustable bracket helps you get the fit you need as you ride.
- Micro dial
- Adjustable brackets
- Bright colors
- 21 air vents
5. Flybar Dual Certified Multi Sport Bike Helmet
By: FlybarGet it now on Amazon.com
Get the fit you want by turning the adjustable dial. This feature makes sure the helmet stays comfortable on your head when you use it. Besides biking, you can use this helmet for almost any activity that requires physical action.
The 12 air vents work to keep your head cool. Also, you get to choose between 3 sizes to make sure the helmet fits securely. Don’t like the color? Then choose another. There should be at least 1 color in the 9 options you prefer. Plus, the ABS outer shell and the EBS foam interior work to keep shocks and bumps from reaching your head.
- Adjustable fit dial
- 9 colors to choose from
- 3 head sizes
- EBS foam interior
4. KINGBIKE Ultralight Specialized Bike Helmets
By: KINGBIKEGet it now on Amazon.com
A heavy helmet does not guarantee you get better protection when you fall. This lightweight helmet does not add weight to your ride and you do not lose any protection. Plus, to keep you visible and safe, you get a rear light that uses 3 different light modes.
In addition, the 24 air vents provide you with enough air flow so that you can enjoy your ride. Also, to keep you nice and comfortable the helmet has and fit adjustment dial. Just turn the dial to get the right fit for your head style. A visor and adjustable strap make sure that your ride is a safe one.
- Helmet bag included
- Sun visor
- Fit adjustment dial
- Rear light
3. TeamObsidian Premium Quality Airflow Bike Helmet
By: TeamObsidianGet it now on Amazon.com
Look cool as you ride down the street of over those mountain trails. The stylish design of this bike helmet keeps you looking good all day long. Then the 22 air vents keep the heat away from your head as you ride in the sun.
Also, a quick release chin strap lets you get out of the helmet faster than ever. The chin strap does adjust to make sure the helmet stays secure and comfortable. Some good news, the interior padding is washable, so you do not have to put up with any old odors when you put it on.
- Adjustable dial for a better fit
- Washable interior foam
- Quick release chin strap
- Stylish look
2. Razor Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
By: RazorGet it now on Amazon.com
You get a little ear protection when you place this bike helmet over your head. The longer sides add a bit of safety to your ride. Then, the 17 air vents help keep your head from sweating. This keeps moisture from entering your eyes.
With side release function, the adjustable chin strap adds to your comfort and keeps the helmet on your head. Plus, the helmet fits heads measuring 21 to 23 inches in size. You get over 10 colors to choose from. Matching your riding outfit will be easy. Versatility is a good thing. This helmet can be used for other sporting activities other than biking.
- Lots of colors to choose from
- 17 air vents
- Ear protection
- Easy to use chin strap
1. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
By: SchwinnGet it now on Amazon.com
With its dual fit technology, you can make adjustments as you ride. No need to lose time by stopping and making alterations. Just use your fingers as you go down the road. For further comfort, the interior foam is nice and soft while still absorbing impacts.
Also, the 21 air vents work to make sure your head does not overheat while riding on a hot sunny day. Plus, the hard, outer shell should absorb other bumps and shocks with ease. Your head stays protected when you wear this helmet. A variety of colors lets you match your riding outfit without too much trouble.
- On the go adjustment
- 21 air vents
- Hard plastic outer shell
- A variety of colors to choose from
There are a lot of hidden dangers when you go riding. Not just on the street but over the mountain trails as well. You never know when they will appear and ruin your day. That is why wearing one of the top 10 best bike helmets in 2019 is a smart move.
You get great protection from falls, bumps and shocks. Plus, you get great airflow to keep you cool as you ride. Using one of the best bike helmets is the wise move to make for any bike rider.