Batteries are an essential part of your car. Without them, you cannot go anywhere. It is vital that you keep your battery powered up and up to date. An old battery can cause you starting problems when you least need them.
The way to monitor your battery is by using one of the top 10 best car battery testers in 2019. With this top of the line tool, you can make sure your battery is ready and able to work. Get a jump on battery issues by using one of the best battery testers available.
Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Car Battery Tester
- Display: The easier to read is always best. You save yourself confusion while getting the results you need to have. Digital displays provide you with the clearest and best view of your results.
- Battery Compatibility: being able to test more than a 12-volt battery is good. You may have other batteries around the house that need testing. You do not want to buy a tester for all of them.
- Control Panel: you want this to be easy to use and understand. It is easy to make a mistake in your battery test if you do not understand all the functions.
- Standards: there are a lot of automotive standards. Make sure you understand what those standards are all about and that your battery tester covers it.
Best Car Battery Testers in 2019
Table of Contents
- 10. Kzyee KS21 Auto Battery Tester
- 9. Neiko Car Battery Load Tester Kit
- 8. Roadi 3 in 1 auto Battery Tester
- 7. TT TOPDON AB101 Automotive Battery Tester
- 6. Autel AL539B Auto Link
- 5. FOXWELL BT100 Pro Battery Analyzer
- 4. ANCEL BA101 Professional Automotive Load Battery Tester
- 3. FOXWELL BT705 Automotive Battery Load Tester
- 2. Schumacher BT-100 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
- 1. CARTMAN 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester
10. Kzyee KS21 Auto Battery Tester
By: KzyeeGet it now on Amazon.com
4 buttons and a digital display provide you with the information you need to make sure your battery is fully charged. The 4 oversized buttons let you scroll with ease as you look for the right feature to us.
Plus, the tester allows you to check your starting system, cranking voltage & speed, and other parts vital to starting your car. This battery tester works with most models of batteries on the market today. Also, you get your test results in the following standards- CCA, DIN, IEC, BCI, EN, JIS. Your battery issues should be a thing of the past.
- Readouts in multiple standards
- Compatible with most battery models
- Easy to read digital display
- 4 button control panel
9. Neiko Car Battery Load Tester Kit
By: NeikoGet it now on Amazon.com
With this tester, you can check 6 & 12-volt batteries up to 100 amps in power. Just clip the copper clamps onto the battery’s terminals and look at the easy to read display. The clamps are marked red for positive and black for negative.
Once you are hooked up, press the rocker on the switch to get your reading. It is that simple to use. Hold the load on the button for about 10 seconds to make sure you get an accurate readout. A carry handle is at the top of the meter for easy transport or placement.
- Handy handle
- Checks 6 & 12-volt batteries
- Easy to use
- Clear display
8. Roadi 3 in 1 auto Battery Tester
By: RoadiGet it now on Amazon.com
Flexibility is one key to be the best battery tester. With this unit, you can check used or new batteries in or out of the car. It makes no difference. You get an accurate read on the LCD display screen no matter where the battery is located.
Also, the bright display screen lets you see the results clearly even in low light conditions. Plus, you can print your results through the USB cable and port. You get those results in a variety of standards to make sure you know how much power you have left in your batteries.
- A bright LCD display screen
- Checks used and new batteries
- Location is not a problem
- Printing capability
7. TT TOPDON AB101 Automotive Battery Tester
By: TT TOPDONGet it now on Amazon.com
You shouldn’t lose this bright blue battery tester in your toolbox. It stands out as does its testing prowess. You can use this battery tester on lead-acid batteries and check your cranking power, charging ability and common fault function.
With its 4-button control panel and bright LCD display screen, you can get to the heart of the problem with ease. Plus, if you are not an English speaker, you can still get your results by selecting one of 5 foreign languages available on this tester. You can use this tester on SUVs, light trucks as well as regular cars.
- Multiple vehicles use
- Results available in 6 languages
- 4-button control panel
- Bright color
6. Autel AL539B Auto Link
By: AutelGet it now on Amazon.com
You can test batteries in two ways. First, you can use the terminal clips and hook the tester to your battery terminals. Or you can choose to use the included probes to test your ignition system. How you use this meter is up to you.
Also, you get over 10 buttons to make sure you get all the testing done that you need completing. The digital display will produce your results and display your menu options. You can also clear codes and turn off the annoying check engine light. Unfortunately, this battery tester works only on 12-volt systems.
- Clear codes
- Turn off check engine light feature
- Easy to use control panel
- Clear digital display
5. FOXWELL BT100 Pro Battery Analyzer
By: FOXWELLGet it now on Amazon.com
Reading your results correctly is vital to battery maintenance. With this battery tester, you get clear easy to read letters and numbers. The LCD display comes with a bright backlight to highlight your results and end the confusion.
In addition to that feature, 4 buttons give you all the access you need to all the features included on this battery tester. With its polarity protection, you won’t ruin the tester when you make a mistake and hook it up to the wrong terminals. Also, you get over-voltage protection and the tester does not give off heat or light for added safety.
- Polarity protection
- Heat and light protection
- Over-voltage protection
- Approx. 3 seconds waiting time for results
4. ANCEL BA101 Professional Automotive Load Battery Tester
By: ANCELGet it now on Amazon.com
With this novice-friendly battery tester, you get great results quickly. Just make sure you connect the clips to the right battery terminals. Then its compact size means that you can take this battery tester where ever your car is at. It works on the 12-volt system only.
Plus, this tester uses the good or replace communication method as it tests various battery functions. Then the batteries do not have to be connected to your car for this tester to do its job. The fast and accurate results are displayed on the digital readout screen.
- Fast and accurate results
- Tests batteries in any location
- Good tool for beginners
- Easy to read display screen
3. FOXWELL BT705 Automotive Battery Load Tester
By: FOXWELLGet it now on Amazon.com
The easy to use control panel has all the buttons you need to make sure you access all the features included on this battery tester. You can scroll, reach the menu, go back and even print by just hitting the right button.
Plus, you can use this tester on 12 or 24-volt batteries. Then you can test all your batteries quickly as the results come back in p to 3 seconds or less. All the standard tests are available on this tester and give you results in the common automotive standards as well. Keep track of your car’s battery health easily with this battery tester.
- All automotive standards included
- Works on 12 or 24-volt batteries
- Quick results
- Easy to use control panel
2. Schumacher BT-100 100 Amp Battery Load Tester
By: SchumacherGet it now on Amazon.com
After you hook up the battery clips to a 6 or 12-volt battery, you can read your results on the analog display screen. Once you get used to how this tester works, you can use it on a motorcycle, ATVs, RVs, car and more vehicle battery systems.
Plus, the top-mounted power switch makes it easy to turn this battery tester on. In addition to this, you can test your load, battery power and starter without hassle. Then the battery clips come with a hard grip so they should slip off during your tests. An easy to use handle makes sure you do not lose this battery tester.
- Comes with a handle
- Easy to use
- Works on 6 or 12-volt batteries
- Multiple tests capability
1. CARTMAN 12V Car Battery & Alternator Tester
By: CARTMANGet it now on Amazon.com
Indicator lights match up with your test results printed on the face of this battery tester. Just read the result next to the lighted light. Plus, you can check your alternator and battery on a 12-volt system with ease. After hooking it up, accelerate your motor to 2000 RPM to get your results.
A green light on the LED display is always good news. This simple to hook up battery tester is not complicated to use and should produce accurate results. Just make sure to put the battery clips on the correct battery terminals before turning it on.
- Indicator lights for easy reading
- Accurate results
- Easy to read and use
- Easy to hook up
Some Final Words
Testing your battery regularly should not be seen as a dreary chore. One of the top 10 best car battery testers in 2019 could save you a lot of frustration and problems. So test away and make sure your battery and electrical system are not losing its power.