Knee pillows are placed between the knees for added sleeping comfort. These pillows act as a cushioning buffer to ensure your knees don’t rub each other. People with chronic back, leg and spine conditions find this type of pillow very important. Also, you can as well use it if you’re a side sleeper. But, not all knee pillows are right for you. The specialty knee pillows feature an ergonomic design to conform to the contours of sleeper’s body. Here is a carefully formulated review of the best knee pillows.
Buying Guide for Knee Pillows
Knee pillows come in different shapes, design, and materials. As a summary, here are the factors to consider when buying knee pillows.
- Bearable Weight: Depending on your body weight, you may need to consider the thickness of the knee pillows. Well, heavier people need to use thicker pillows. The opposite applies to lighter people. With this, you need to understand that the thickness of different knee pillows can vary overwhelmingly. So, this consideration will help you in making the right judgment.
- Are You Expectant? Pregnant women tend to sleep on their sides to eliminate the strain of carrying extra weight. Straight pillows or hourglass-shaped knee pillows can be a splendid choice of r side sleepers. As well, a second wedge pillow under the knees can offer extra support for added comfort.
- Is it premium memory foam material? There is no doubt that memory foam is the best material for pillows and mattresses. However, if you naturally sleep hot, you need to be sure that you sleep comfortably without feeling overheated. In this regard, you also need to examine the case material. So, a breathable fabric cover is indeed the best.
- Design: Multi-layer design is the best for knee pillows. Top quality knee pillows feature several layers for added functionality. They feature a firm layer as the core and top layer features a softer foam material. Furthermore, memory foam tends to change firmness as the temperature rises or decrease. Therefore, those who naturally sleep hot have an added advantage. The pillow becomes softer when warmth increases and hardens when the temperature lowers.
- Ease of washing: You also need to see whether the cover of the pillow is washable. If it is, you still need to look at whether the design features a zipper opening. This allows you to easily remove the cushion for easy cleaning. In most of cases, case fabrics are machine washable and you won’t experience hassles in cleaning your knee pillow.
- Do you move your legs around while sleeping? This is an important consideration because an hourglass-shaped knee pillow can shift and end up not helping you. For this reason, some models feature a removable strap for securing the pillow in the correct position.
Best Knee Pillows in 2021
10. Calming Comfort Cooling Knee Pillow
Are you a side sleeper? If yes, there are many health risks associated with your sleeping style. However, you shouldn’t worry because the calming comfort knee pillow is just made for you. It is one of the best as it features an ergonomic design that ensures a comfortable sleep. It is stylishly designed to make sure it fits well between the thighs. Thus, it allows proper alignment of the spine when you sleep on sides.
It uses a cooling gel technology which is ideal in preventing inflammation and enhances proper heat diffusion. It also features a contoured ergonomic design to reduce pressure and enhancing proper blood circulation. The dual layer ergonomic design is also crucial in enhancing a cool environment. Also, the cotton mesh cover is easy to clean by machine or by hand.
- Dual layer design
- Contoured design
- Easy to clean
- Perfect breathability
- Some people find it a bit small
Read Also: Top 10 Best Bed Bug Sprays in 2021
9. ESSORT Orthopedic Knee Pillow
Are you searching for ways to improve your sleeping experience? Try the ESSORT Orthopedic knee pillow and you will never regret. It offers perfect spine alignment while sleeping and better blood circulation. It is ideal for side sleepers who don’t want to try other sleeping styles. Moreover, it features heavy density foam which maintains its shape even after a long duration of use.
Also, it is perfectly breathable to discourage bacterial growth. The pillowcase is velvet woven cloth which is easy to clean and dries quickly. Further, it features a zippered open for easy removal while cleaning. Also, the velvet cloth is incredibly soft on the skin for improved sleeping comfort. Additionally, you can place this pillow between thighs, legs, calf or waist.
- Soft cover
- Great breathability
- Zippered opening
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Durable foam material
- A bit pricey
8. NATUMAX Knee Pillow for Side-Sleepers – Sciatica Pain Relief
Are you ready to give up side-sleeping? Since it may not be that easy, you can use a knee pillow for a better sleep experience. The NATUMAX Knee Pillow features memory foam and s ergonomically designed to fit well between your legs. Thus, it provides perfect alignment for your hips, spine. Therefore, it is an ideal solution for holistic pain relief.
It can be placed in different positions and is therefore ideal for pregnant women. Equipped with a leg strap, this knee pillow stays in the correct position the whole night. Also, it uses a zippered covered which is breathable and easy to clean. Well, anyone suffering from sciatica or back pain will find this knee pillow very useful.
- Accepts different positions
- Incredibly soft
- Ergonomically shaped
- Compresses quite quickly
Read Also: Top 10 Best U Shaped Body Pillows in 2021
7. 5 STARS UNITED Half Moon Bolster Semi-Roll Pillow
Are you looking for a perfect solution to improve your sleep quality? Rest assured that the Half Moon Bolster Semi-Roll Pillow will deliver what it promises. Well, it boasts CertiPUR-US certification which confirms that it meets the environment, health and safety regulations. These lumbar cushions contain memory foam core which has been tested and proven to be eco-friendly.
The design features two layers whereby the inner one is firm to maintain the proper shape. The outer layer is made of soft memory foam to ensure hugging comfort. Besides, it features a unique lemon aroma engrained in it to ensure a feeling of freshness. The semi-round design ensures that you can use in multiple positions. It is great for side sleepers as well as back sleepers.
- Soft and comfortable pillow
- Maintains shape
- A perfect balance of softness and firmness
- Perfect aroma
- Pricier than some other models but the quality is worth it
6. Abco Tech Knee Pillow – for Hip, Leg, Back, Knee Pain Relief
Here is another solution for those complaining of sleeping problems. This pillow is ergonomically shaped to ensure it fits different positions of use. It is a perfect solution to eliminate unnecessary stress and strain associated with side sleeping. It offers a perfect and relaxed posture for a better sleep quality without straining any part of your body. Well, it aligns your legs, hip, back, and spine. You can as well use it to elevate your legs for better blood circulation. The material used is hypoallergenic and the removable covers allow you to maintain the hygiene and sleep in a fresh environment always. It boasts premium visco-elastic memory foam soft enough to provide soothing comfort. Also, it is a bit hard to support the upper knee and enable proper spine alignment.
- Stays in place without strapping
- Stays in the correct shape for a long time
- Easy to clean
- Hypoallergenic materials
- A bit smaller than the rivals, but works magic
Read Also: Top 10 Best Blow Up Mattresses in 2021
5. Primica Premium Pain Relief Knee Leg Pillow
According to scientific research, better sleep quality improves our health and expands our lifespan. If you want to know this is true try the Primica Premium Pain Relief Knee Leg Pillow. This is an ideal solution for you if you’re tired of waking up at night just because your back, knee, hips are aching. It features premium quality memory foam.
This has perfect firmness which enables it to elevate the knee position so that the spine can be properly aligned and stabilized. Equally, it allows perfect coordination is blood circulation for muscle relief. It comes with a removable case which is also 3easy to wash. So, it is a perfect companion to ensure you get high-quality sleep you deserve. Moreover, it is made of 100 percent breathable materials to ensure a cool sleeping environment which isn’t too warm.
- Removable and washable case
- 100 percent hypoallergenic
- Impressive durability
- Beautifully shaped
- A bit hard for first-time use
4. ZIRAKI Memory Foam Wedge-Contour Orthopedic Knee Pillow
No matter the condition you’re suffering from, having a satisfying sleep can significantly lower the pain. This is a perfect example of the best orthopedic knee pillow. Well, it is one of the proven ways of treating sciatic nerve pain. It reduces knee and leg pain while reducing pressure on the lower back. It is ergonomically designed to fit between the knees to ensure a perfect sleeping posture during pregnancy. Since it is made of 100 percent memory foam, it provides a perfect balance between firmness and comfort.
It compresses easily but restores its original shape when you’re done with sleeping. By proper alignment of legs and hips, your body enjoys improved blood circulation. And as a proven fact, the firmness of memory foam depends on the temperature. So, this pillow feels soft in warm conditions and firmer in cool temperatures. This practically means that it will feel incredibly warm throughout the night but still maintain a fair degree of firmness.
- Premium memory foam
- Zippered cover
- Machine washable case
- Ergonomic shape
- Low-quality fabric cover
3. Everlasting Comfort Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow
You need to look at the quality of construction in terms of design as well as materials. The Everlasting Comfort knee pillow combines the best qualities of materials and construction to give you the best. It features a contoured design which ensures the knees stay separated with proper alignment of the hips, legs, and spine. So, it is one of the certified treatments for sciatica, arthritis, bursitis among other conditions. Also, it is a perfect side-sleeper, especially during pregnancy.
Also, it features an adjustable hook and loop strap. This keeps the pillow in perfect alignment and ensures it doesn’t come off when you roll over while sleeping. Like other top-rated knee pillows, this also features premium memory foam. This material boasts true firmness and offers cuddling comfort. Additionally, the package includes two pairs of premium quality earplugs with a noise reduction rating of 33. With this nice wrapped package, nothing can stop you from enjoying a soothing night’s sleep.
- Easy to use a strap
- The perfect balance between softness and stability
- High-quality earplugs included
- Easy to use
- Pricey as you would expect
Read Also: Top 10 Best Under Desk Foot Rests
2. Cushy Form Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers
Are you searching for the best maternity pillow? Here you have it and you can improve your sleep comfort without any hassles. It improves your sleeping posture by allowing the upper knee to stay elevated. Also, it provides a friendly way to encourage the correct sleeping posture. It is very easy to use and requires no strapping. Thus, it is a great way to eliminate or manage sciatica pain.
Well, this knee cushion uses genuine memory foam material. This is a unique material which feels softer in warm temperatures and a bit firm when it is cold. In this same way, the pillow softens and yields according to your body temperature. Due to this state of the art design, this pillow delivers its function when used during pregnancy or post-surgery recovery. Without any exaggerations, this is one of the proposed knee pillows by top rated chiropractors, sports trainers, doctors, and physical therapists.
- Easy to use
- True memory foam qualities
- Beautifully shaped
- Multilayer design delivers function as expected
- Costs more dollars than standard rated pillows
1. ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow for Relief, Back Pain, Leg Pain, Sciatica Relief
This is the best knee pillow in our review. Here is why you should trust its top-notch quality. It boasts an innovative design featuring an ergonomic shape. Thus, it comfortably fits between your legs to offer stable support and satisfying comfort. Well, it is designed in such a way that you can try different positions.
In fact, it reduces sciatica pain and pressure on your back so that you can enjoy fulfilling night’s sleep. It is made of 100 percent premium quality memory foam. This material is incredibly stable and is resilient in shape. By keeping your legs, spine, and hip well aligned, your body gets excellent blood circulation. Additionally, it features a high-quality fabric cover with zippered opening for hassle-free cleaning.
- Premium quality memory foam
- 100 percent hypoallergenic
- Ergonomic shape
- Durably constructed
- Higher price tag
We’ve highlighted and reviewed the best knee pillows. Well, you can now select your preference depending on your needs. These pillows are ideal for people with a different medical condition, pregnant women and all side sleepers looking forward to improving their sleeping comfort. As you can see price doesn’t vary a lot but quality can be a little bit different. So, just revisit the reviews, pick your choice and hit the buy button.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?