Smartphones have evolved and these days can be used to record high-quality videos. But, just like camcorders, taking quality video requires additional stabilization gears. Gimbals are important for people who love video recording as well as photography using cellphones. Smartphone stabilizers are built to eliminate shaky effects that can make a recorded video look unappealing.
Usually, there are different styles and qualities of smartphone stabilizers. It all depends on where you are going to apply them. They are like the cameras stand in that they have most of the features that allow smooth recording. With the best smartphone stabilizer, it ensures professional picture capturing. Below list explores the ideal choices that everyone will find practical in their recording.
Smartphone Stabilizers Buying Guide
- Electric vs. Manual Adjusted Stabilizers: Well, the stabilizer come in manual and electronic adjustment design. Manual ones are mostly the heavy duty type which can work with large cameras. However, for smartphones, it is ideal to look for automatic stabilizers. They provide brilliant action and deliver quality content. However, ensure the battery and motors are efficient to allow quick and admirable action. However, for motorized stabilizers, they need a lot of practice to achieve great control than manual ones.
- Smartphone Compatibility: Although they are called smartphone gimbals, they aren’t always compatible with every phone. This is because some are enhanced with apps which are only compatible with a specific version of the operating system. For instance, some stabilizers will only work with a particular version of Android or iOS. Apart from the OS compatibility, the size of your devices should fit on the stand. This ensures there is a snug fit without risk of accidental snapping.
- 2-axis vs. 3 –axis: The number of axis matters when it comes to flexibility. 2-axis gimbals allow the phone to adjust in 2 ways. On the other hand, 3-axis enables the device to adjust in 3 ways. Therefore, the kind of angle adjustment, determine whether you will enjoy a wide recording angle. Ideally, a 3-axis gimbal is perfect for high flexibility in recording.
- Comfortable Handle: These devices are handheld. Therefore, the grip needs to be exceptional to allow great video capturing. Ideally, a rubberized or firm grip handles are unique. They mean you can easily enjoy holding the stabilizer with minimal slipping risk.
Best Smartphone Stabilizer in 2021
- 10. ZOMEI Gimbal 3 Axis Handheld Stabilizer for Smartphone, With Focus Pull & Zoom
- 9. FACEVER 3-Axis Handheld Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer
- 8. FY FEIYUTECH Feiyu Vimble 2 Stable Selfie Stick Travel Handheld Stabilizer
- 7. Mbuynow Feiyu Vimble 2 Smartphones Stabilizer
- 6. Yomito 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for Smartphone with Wireless Control
- 5. Zhiyun Smooth III 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
- 4. Hohem Smartphone 3-Axis Stabilizer Handheld Time Lapse Expert Gimbal
- 3. DJI Osmo 2 Handheld Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer Videography Kit
- 2. EVO Gimbals Shift 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal for iPhone & Android
- 1. Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal with Focus Pull & Zoom
10. ZOMEI Gimbal 3 Axis Handheld Stabilizer for Smartphone, With Focus Pull & Zoom
Zomei gimbal is a functional gear that makes video recording exceptional. The professionally designed stabilizer ensures everyone can use their phone for quality results. Created with multiple modes, it can be used in standard, panoramic, time lapse, maintaining the head and face mode. Due to this, it’s a suitable stabilizer for used in different scenic. There is no more shaky recording as the stand has integrated zoom and head rotation control.
Amazingly, the automatic object tracking ability lets you record easily without moving the phone. Also, locking feature keeps the phone intact when recording. To allow smooth operation, the gimbal is motorized and come with a 5200 mAh Li-Ion rechargeable battery. Equipped with 3 axis flexibility, this stabilizer enables everyone to enjoy the best recording experience. Above all, it can fit different phones thereby rendering it extra versatile.
- Heavy-duty battery
- Different operation modes
- Automatic locking
- Object tracking
Read Also: Top 10 Best 4k Drones in 2021
9. FACEVER 3-Axis Handheld Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer
Get the whole adventure captured in style and without any hassle. By adding this Facever stabilizer, it is now possible to enjoy great smartphone videography. It’s a heavy-duty gimbal that fit most of the latest Android, iOS and edge phones. Despite the heavy-duty construction, the stabilizer is extra lightweight which means no bulkiness when holding it. The connectivity with your phone lets you control every step using the buttons fitted on the gimbal. With tons of impressive features, it has face tracking, panoramic shooting among others.
The intelligent functions let all user enjoy seamless shooting even when in action. Whether skateboarding or in a vehicle, the gimbal eliminates shakes caused by the bumps and other rough surfaces. Equipped with brushless motors, it has optimized consumption and delivers a smooth adjustment. Comfortable handle is exceptional for non-slip holding thus assured of a great shoot. Built-in 4400 mAh battery provides hours of recording before recharging.
- Energy efficient motor
- Long lasting rechargeable battery
- Padded handle
- Requires adapter to fit action camera
8. FY FEIYUTECH Feiyu Vimble 2 Stable Selfie Stick Travel Handheld Stabilizer
The Fy Feiyutech selfie stick is a multipurpose gimbal that ensures high recording versatility. It acts as a stabilizer as well as an extendable selfie stick. This means you can always enjoy video and photo shooting anywhere. In fact, the 18 cm extension arm enables photo shooting even in challenging situations. Also, the gimbal provides a wide viewing angle hence great for group photos. The Bluetooth connectivity ensures easy shutter control without touching your phone.
Apart from the Bluetooth connectivity, the vimble has Vcool app that makes control simple. The news face tracking and locking technology improve the way you shoot pictures. Additionally, the multiple rotations allow smooth focusing without moving your hand. Forget the gimbals with a few minutes of use; this has a powerful battery lasting up to 5 hours. A bonus microfiber cloth helps to keep phone clean without scratches.
- Wide viewing angle
- Bluetooth shutter button
- Portable storage bag
- Auto rotation mode
- Has no remote control
7. Mbuynow Feiyu Vimble 2 Smartphones Stabilizer
Shaking is normal when recording. But, this should not let your love for photography discourage your passion. The Feiyu Vimble and handheld gimbal are the right gears to improve your performance. The 3 axis precision offers easy stabilizer adjustment without affecting the phone position. Additionally, Bluetooth controlled shutter and mobile app lets you have all the control in your fingertips.
The handheld gimbal has great selfie function as it can extend 18 cm. Due to this function, it perfectly suits group photos as well as improving the capturing angle. Unlike the other stabilizers, this has 2 smartphone attachment options. You can fix it through vimble or use it as a gimbal. Boasting most of the functions in the handle, it is smooth to work with this stabilizer compared to older models. Carrying this gimbal is simple since it comes with a storage bag which improves its safety.
- 320 degrees rotation
- Compatible with tripods
- Anti-lost strap
- Sturdy storage pack
- Can be complicated for beginners
Read Also: Top 10 Best 4K Video Cameras in 2021
6. Yomito 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal for Smartphone with Wireless Control
Adding a smartphone gimbal in your accessories list helps to make your phone an excellent camera. Yomita handheld stabilizer is one of the best gimbals to think of adding in your list. The stabilizer has smart functions which ensure your recording is fantastic. Featuring wireless connectivity, it reduces the frequency on which you touch the cellphone. Also, the stabilizer has integrated features like pre and post-shoot changes as well as video and photo conversion modes.
There is all the stability you need once this stabilizer is in your backpack. It has a sturdy construction, insulated handle, and 3-axis rotation. Therefore, even when in a challenging position, the head rotates easily through the use of buttons on the gimbal. Unlike other phone stabilizers, this one can rotate 360 degrees, meaning you can shoot at any angle. Also, it comes with action cameras adapters hence great for use with different devices. The additional features like an anti-drop sling, micro USB cable, and manual lets user get the best shooting experience.
- Improved weight capacity
- 360 degrees rotation
- Action camera adapter
- Solid construction
- Feels small for phones with cases
5. Zhiyun Smooth III 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
Zhiyun smooth III is the right gear when you need steady smartphone video recording. The device is professionally created to allow cellphone users to get the best experience when shooting videos. Allowing perfect adjustment is the scaled base which enables precise settings. Moreover, the1/4 inch universal mounting port is a worthy quality since it can be used with different equipment. Whether you want it mounted or handheld, the stabilizer is unique and also can be used with suction cups.
Enjoy seamless operation without getting your hands busy. This gimbal has a direct phone connection and app that ensures operation is done through the handle. In fact, various settings on the gimbal mean simplified action. Mounting phone in vertical or horizontal style is possible, hence easy to capture portrait or landscape pictures. The stabilizer is ideal for phones with 6.0 inches frame and below, thus compatible with a broad range of devices. The powerful battery allows for 14 hours of continuous recording with a single charge.
- Extra reliable battery with charging output
- 2-way device clamping
- Lightweight top grade aluminum
- Gel padded storage box
- Audible motor noise
Read Also: Top 10 Best Mini Dash Cams in 2021
4. Hohem Smartphone 3-Axis Stabilizer Handheld Time Lapse Expert Gimbal
If you are looking to professionalize how your smartphone recording, a handheld gimbal is the way to go. This Hohem 3 axis stabilizer brings all the smart features into your fingertips. Created for Android 8.0 and iOS9.0 phones, it can fit most of the latest smartphones. The time-lapse features let the gimbal enjoy fast object/ face tracking than most of the stabilizers available. Also, the selfie mode, static and control modes among others keep the photography enjoyable.
Unlike most stabilizers, this has 2-way power mode. It allows phone charging while boasting extra-long usage before recharging. The ergonomically created handle and integrated control panel let the user enjoy smooth shooting with a single hand. There is no wrong device positioning as the gimbal come with precise calibrations switch for perfect phone anchoring. Brushless motor eliminates noise while maximizing battery capacity achieving up to 12 hours.
- Low noise brushless motor
- Supports heavy phones
- 2-way power options
- Beginners find it complex to use
3. DJI Osmo 2 Handheld Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer Videography Kit
Having a full lightweight videography kit make video shooting simple and successful. For the great experience, this OSMO smartphone gimbal stabilizer kit has all the needed accessories to enjoy unmatched photography. Giving the user the ability to capture every event, the stabilizer brings a cinematic quality recording. Durable construction and long-lasting battery ensure everyone gets the best performance even when using the kid in the jungle.
There is admirable stability when recording. It has brushless motors that eliminate vibrations while also making adjustment smooth. Whether jumping or riding a skateboard, recording isn’t compromised. Amazingly the kit comes with rubberized spider tripod, microfiber cloth, and lens cleaning solution to keep your devices working excellently. The compatibility is incredible while the battery lasts for 15 hours.
- Lens cleaning kit
- Sturdy spider stand
- Heavy-duty carrying bag
- Doesn’t support case fitted phones
2. EVO Gimbals Shift 3 Axis Handheld Gimbal for iPhone & Android
Evo Gimbals shifts handheld stabilizer is ready to make your photography great without any strain. This gimbal is heavy-duty light and full of fun features. The quality and design enable anyone using this device to make professional quality movies and photographs. There is no training needed as it is always ready for use by beginners and experts. Equipped with easy pairing with smartphones, you can shoot, zoom and control other functions using the gimbal control buttons.
The head is adjustable which ensures regular, and large smartphones fit excellently. Further, modes are classic in providing fulfilling shooting sessions. For the safety of your device and gimbal, it has a sling which prevents accidental falling when recording. Also, when out, the smartphone charging port lets you change your phone easily. Sturdy storage case brings secure storage; hence transportation of stabilizer is safe.
- Vast smart features
- Ideal for phone charging
- Bi-directional mounting
- Materials feel cheap
Read Also: Top 10 Best Night Vision Binoculars in 2021
1. Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal with Focus Pull & Zoom
The Zhiyun 4 gimbal is here and ready to make your phone video recording astonishing. It’s an improved stabilizer with high performance to achieve unmatched recording experience. Boasting ZY play mobile app; it has all the features you need to control the recording ability. Also, the integrated control panel is impressive for minimal screen usage when recording. The pull and zoom feature also allows creative shooting without shaking.
The inbuilt sensors let you capture the videos while in challenging situations. Therefore, even when in high action, there is no chance of poor quality videos. To complement the stable recording, it has tracking ability while time-lapse enable helps in shooting in different modes. The powerful motors are fantastic and useful while cutting the vibrations and noise. It’s versatile and usable with Led lights and cameras lenses.
- Type-C USB cable compatible
- Comfortable handle and soft buttons
- Quick and easy transition
- Poor balance with cased phones
Handheld gimbals for smartphones are the best and practical ways to capture videos. Compared to others, these are lightweight and compact. Thereby, no extra pack needed when traveling. Smartphone stabilizers are superb and worth accessories to have for everyone.