Have you ever tried to access the Internet while communicating with a weak wireless signal? If you do, you know that it can be very slow and annoying. To solve this problem, you need a reliable WiFi extender. The WiFi Extender works by amplifying the signal coming from your router to reach a wide area. Typically, routers can only transmit signals from 100 to 150 feet. That is good as long as it is used in a small place, but it will not work when used on campus or in a large area. The following are tips on how to find the best WiFi extender.
How to choose Wi-Fi Extender?
It is good to look at critical points to keep in mind when choosing the right WiFi extender to work with your router.
- Ports: It provides an Ethernet port for a wired connection. Most plug-based extenders have one or two Ethernet ports. Desktop extension devices can contain up to five ideal Ethernet ports for devices that do not have a Wi-Fi connection, such as an old desktop, a printer, or an IP camera.
- Cost: Often, this is self-sufficient, and all we can say is to go with the best WiFi extender that can pay, which will work best with the router and offer the best performance for the money you spend.
- Compliance rules: The compatibility of the standards is related in some way to the frequency and age of the router. The easiest thing is to take into account the specifications of the router and verify the standards it supports. If in doubt, choose Global Extender that works with any router. The compatibility is the key to guarantee a better integration between the router and broadband.
- Security: We can safely say that the current range extenders support the WPA2-PSK security protocol, one of the highest security levels available to home users. However, it is always better to verify that your network is secure.
- Maker: Expect to be an extended range from the same manufacturer of routers that works well together; all this depends on the frequency and the higher standards. If the router operates at a rate of 2.4 GHz to about 5 GHz, the extender that functions on those rates from the same producer will be ideal. There is always documentation with the specification that must be referenced to ensure that both the router and broadband work well together.
- Performance: Apart from the range, the performance of the WiFi extenders can be readily determined by the bandwidth. While this is limited to what your router can support, it provides an easy way to understand the maximum productivity and bandwidth it can help.
Best Wifi Extender in 2020
10. Farfi AC 750 750Mbps WiFi Extender
By: FarfiGet it now on Amazon.com
Farfi AC 750 750Mbp WI-Fi expansion is good in expanding coverage. It has a stronger penetration through obstructions. 5 GHz is for fast transfer speed at close range, which is ideal for playing games and streaming HD videos. No application or driver needs to improve its Wi-Fi network coverage easily by pressing the WPS button. The dual external antenna works best when signals are accepted, providing up to 750 Mbps of Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi signal coverage wider than the average product on the market.
- It is effortless to set up
- Has a dual band
- Comes with two external antenna
- Can connect with most devices
- A bit hard to set up
9. MSRM US750 750Mbps WiFi Range Extender
By: MSRMGet it now on Amazon.com
MSRM US750 750Mbps Wifi Extender Extends the Wi-Fi network of your network for reliable coverage of dead areas. It is compatible with wifi devices. The Extender’s Ethernet port allows it to act as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices. It gives data transmission at high speed for better performance in penetrating walls or in multi-floor houses.
- Compatible with wifi devices
- Can allow high-speed data transfer
- Gives a reliable network
- Can cover even dead zones
8. ONTOTL WiFi Range Extender
By: ONTOTLGet it now on Amazon.com
The extended range of Wi-Fi ONTOTL comes with dual wireless bands, to extend your wireless router, improve your existing Wi-Fi signal and eliminate dead spots for better coverage. That allows better performance to penetrate the walls or in a multi-story house. The ONTOTL wireless extender comes with four external antennas that improve Wi-Fi coverage of up to 1615 square feet, including full coverage, ensuring better wireless performance and stability. We are committed to eliminating all coverage points that cover Wi-Fi and allow you to easily communicate with the world of the network anytime, anywhere.
- Comes with about three connection modes
- Easy to plug in and use
- It is highly portable
- Has four antennae
7. VICTONY WA1200-1200Mbps WiFi Range Extender
By: VICTONYGet it now on Amazon.com
The VICTONY WA1200-1200Mbps wireless band extender is equipped with four external antennas to extend your WiFi wireless range, improve your Wi-Fi signal and eliminate dead spots to improve coverage. It also has dual wireless networks of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and can transmit rates of 1200 Mbps, which leads to a reliable and robust Wi-Fi signal throughout your home, reducing the time lag or Buffering when streaming HD movies for your laptop or internet connection.
- Can work with AC and N
- Gives wired connections
- Has the shortest lag time
- Eliminates dead spots
6. Persevere WiFi Range Extender
By: PersevereGet it now on Amazon.com
Persevere WiFi Extender is equipped with a 4 x 5DBi external antenna to extend your wireless router, improve your existing Wi-Fi signal and eliminate dead spots to improve coverage. It also has a Repeater mode to extend the wireless coverage of an existing wireless network. The AP mode is to cover the wired interface of a wireless network. The 2.4 GHz antenna router mode consists of creating an instant private wireless network and enabling multiple devices for a better Internet exchange.
- Provides internet booster
- Comes with double band technology
- Good for eliminating dead spots
- Can connect other devices
- Maybe unstable
5. Ginozo WiFi Range Extender
By: GinozoGet it now on Amazon.com
The Wi-Fi Extender EGinozo extends the WiFi signal from one router to another, completely covering the dead areas of the network with a stronger signal and improving wireless home coverage. It works with any wireless router or WiFi system in the market. The wireless speed of 300 Mbps. Supports all kinds of devices, phones, tablets, smart TV and wireless cameras that can connect to broadband. Plug and play, small size wall design, follow the configuration of the user manual in just 3 minutes, without the complicated steps required by the technology expert, the network starters can configure the Wi-Fi extender easily.
- Has money back guarantee
- Has three antennas
- It is effortless to set up
- Supports most devices
- Their website is unavailable for activation
4. GALAWAY Mini Router Wi-Fi Extender Repeater4 External Antennas
By: GALAWAYGet it now on Amazon.com
The GALAWAY Mini Router wireless signal extender has been the most powerful Wi-Fi range extenders on the markets. It has dual band speeds of 2.4GHz and 5GHz with four antennas that ensure that the network is always stable. In addition to that it has a portable design hence it is ideal for travel usage.
It extends Wi-Fi in large areas such as street, hotel, department, office, and homes making sure that there are no more signal dead zones. It also enables wireless security encryption safeguarding important data and preventing unauthorized access. Ideally, it can extend Wi-Fi up to 300M Outdoor and 100M Indoor.
- 2.4ghz and 5ghz transmission speed
- Enable wireless security encryption
- Portable and Mini design
- Wide coverage
- Perfect for house and travel usage
- Gets really hot after long usage but works perfectly.
3. Linksys AC750 Double Band Wi-Fi Extender
By: LinksysGet it now on Amazon.com
The Linksys AC750 Double band Wi-Fi Extender Eliminate dead Wi-Fi zones in your home and extend the coverage of best HD streaming, games and more. Works with your existing WiFi: allows you to create an extended WiFi network with your current Internet gateway, router or Internet service provider. It is easy to configure with one button and works with all Wi-Fi routers or ISP gateways. Guide the best position in your home with Spot finder technology
- Can eliminate dead zones
- Can work well with wifi routers
- Will guide you during configuration
- Has HD streaming
- May not be easy to set up
2. NETGEAR AC2200 Mesh WiFi Extender
By: NETGEARGet it now on Amazon.com
This expanded Wi-Fi network improves coverage and works with your Wi-Fi home to create a powerful Wi-Fi system. It can allow you to move freely around your house without fear of separation. The WiFi network extender automatically connects your connection between the router and the expander. To create a single network and expand the WiFi network coverage in the home with a WiFi name and a unique security pass name.
- Can connect with the existing wifi
- Gives a smart connection
- Can provide intelligent roaming too
- Come with strong security features
- May drop connection
1. TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Range Extender
By: TP-LinkGet it now on Amazon.com
The TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Range Extender is one of the fantastic WIFI extenders that you can find in the market. It is right in boosting your internet connection thus giving it fantastic connectivity at all times. When buying it, it comes with a two years warranty which is connected with technical support which is online 24/7. It also has a port that can support Gigabit Ethernet at all times.
- Can connect using wires
- Reliable coverage
- Can boost your network
- Comes with a signal light
- May not distribute the right frequency
Based on the desktop or components, without an external antenna, double or more, these are some considerations regarding the physical appearance of the device. The wall-mounted WiFi extension unit takes up the least amount of space since all you need is a free wall socket. The most advanced WiFi extras are designed for your desktop. In many ways, another router looks like external antennas or integrated antennas. Place it on a flat surface to take a little more space.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?